— From a historical point of view, the Slepikovsky lighthouse is interesting and mysterious, – notes the expedition leader, director of the Center for Contemporary Art Ivan Anokhin. — There are practically no reliable sources about him. Even the exact date of construction is unknown. According to one version, it was built in 1910, according to another – in 1943. The Hydrographic Service of the Navy, due to the fact that archival documents had not been preserved, issued new ones in the 50s, essentially starting the biography of the lighthouse all over again, from scratch. What happened on it before this time is not known for certain. Let’s hope that the expedition will reveal new aspects of his story.
- 14 hours ago - Sánchez discusses with Zelensky the progress towards Ukraine’s incorporation into the EU - 0 Comment
- 17 hours ago - Africa suffers from an unprecedented global food crisis - 0 Comment
- 22 hours ago - The Israeli offensive intensifies after two months of war in Gaza - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Borrell asks the Security Council to support Guterres’ call for a ceasefire in Gaza - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - A shooting at a Las Vegas university leaves "multiple victims"according to the police - 0 Comment