The 2nd Economic and Humanitarian Forum “Russia – Africa” was held in St. Petersburg on July 27–28. The Russian Geographical Society presented an exhibition stand at the large-scale summit about the activities of the Russian Geographical Society on the continent, which is considered the ancestral home of humanity. In particular, the exhibition tells about the expeditions of the founder of the geography of cultivated plants and the president of the Geographical Society of the USSR Nikolai Vavilov to Ethiopia (1927), zoologist Ivan Sokolov to Kenya (1914), traveler, artist and public figure Alexander Chikin to Central Africa (1888).
- 13 hours ago - Sánchez discusses with Zelensky the progress towards Ukraine’s incorporation into the EU - 0 Comment
- 17 hours ago - Africa suffers from an unprecedented global food crisis - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - The Israeli offensive intensifies after two months of war in Gaza - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Borrell asks the Security Council to support Guterres’ call for a ceasefire in Gaza - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - A shooting at a Las Vegas university leaves "multiple victims"according to the police - 0 Comment