He continued his scientific activities even after his term of service on the other side of the earth had expired and the time had come to return home. In addition to geographical discoveries, such as the hitherto unknown Bikini Atoll, the navigators have made detailed, comprehensive scientific observations. Study of atmospheric phenomena, water composition, astronomical observations, study of the topography, geology, zoology and botany of the islands visited, detailed ethnographic descriptions of local peoples – Kotzebue and his companions seemed to have time to pay attention to everything. And this is perhaps the most important test that the Enterprise crew has passed, because scientific knowledge is no less valuable than the fact of overcoming a difficult sea route. And the difficulties, it seems, paled for sailors in comparison with the opportunity to learn new things.
- 5 hours ago - Why Pedro Sánchez has angered the Italian government - 0 Comment
- 7 hours ago - The truce in the Gaza Strip breaks and the armed conflict between Israel and Hamas resumes - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Israel calls its ambassador in Spain for consultations due to Sánchez’s statements - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - The US pressures Israel to convert the truce in Gaza into a permanent ceasefire - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger dies at 100 - 0 Comment