The President of France, Emmanuel Macron, expressed his solidarity this Sunday with the victims of the attack perpetrated on Saturday night by a 26-year-old Frenchman who stabbed a German tourist to death and injured two people in the center of Paris, while He described the incident as a “terrorist attack.”
“I send my condolences to the family and loved ones of the German citizen who died this afternoon during the terrorist attack in Paris and I think with emotion of the people currently injured and under care,” the French president wrote on his social network account (formerly Twitter).
In addition, he thanked the emergency forces who “made it possible to quickly arrest” the suspect, a 26-year-old French citizen, who according to the Minister of the Interior, Gérald Darmanin, was already booked for a four-year prison sentence decreed in 2016. for another attack, thwarted by the authorities; he shouted “Allah is great” during the attack; and he had “serious psychiatric problems.”
Finally, Macron said in
Earlier in a message on the networks, the Prime Minister of France, Élisabeth Borne, assumed that the attack in Paris was a new terrorist attack in France, a month and a half after the last one in Arras (north), where A jihadist with a Russian passport stabbed a high school teacher.
“I salute the bravery and professionalism of our law enforcement and our relief services. We will not give an inch to terrorism. Never,” Borne said.
Since 2012, jihadist attacks in France have killed 273 people, adding to the number today, and injured 1,200, especially in 2015 and 2016.